Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 15, 2013

Crossfit and the Paleo Diet

Happy Monday! So it has been well over 3 months since I have last updated and so much has happened that I don't even know where to begin!

Top 2 major headlines:

  1. I joined a Crossfit Box
  2. I am experimenting with the Paleo diet (read on for my critique)
Crossfit has always been something that I have wanted to try. The feedback that I have heard from friends and seen on blogs made me so eager to go and try it for myself!! I am so glad that I did because I am really enjoying it. I love it so much that I even went out and bought some new shoes! There were so many awesome shoes in the Reebok Outlet that I even bought two pairs. One pair for Crossfit and one pair for running. For Crossfit I chose to go with the Crossfit Nanos and for running I chose to go with the RealFlex Scream 2.0s 



as you can tell, I have some serious motivation...

...speaking of motivation check out this Monday Motivation:


Moving on to a few thoughts about the Paleo diet!

I have to admit that I was super skeptical about this as a Registered Dietitian as it goes against what I learned in college and what I have been following my whole life! But after reading several articles and reading the Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf, I embarked on a 30 day challenge to see what it is all about. I am not 100% Paleo yet, but I have noticed a huge difference by making some changes. 

The Paleo Diet in a nutshell
  • Grain Free (including Wheat, Rice, Oats etc.)
  • Dairy Free (bye bye cheese)
  • No artificial sweeteners
  • No processed foods
Basically just eat REAL food. Meats, veggies and fruit. I have cut out the grains, dairy and processed foods. Next up will be artificial sweeteners! I am allowing myself 1 cheat day a week, as I  transition from a balanced diet to the Paleo diet. I am also supplementing my diet with a Women's Multivitamin and receiving adequate calcium from almond milk. 


The diet has been MUCH easier than I thought actually. And I have noticed that on days that I "cheat" I feel awful afterwards and continuing into the following morning when I wake up. 

Since starting the Paleo diet I have noticed that I feel healthier and significantly more energized.

Now I would be lying if I told you that I haven't experimented with a few Paleo-friendly desserts! What can I say my sweet tooth kicks in late at night! 

I have made some Paleo brownies, Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies and last but not least, No-bake gluten-free& egg-free cookie dough from Tina at Carrots 'N Cake. It is without a doubt my favorite paleo treat thus far and just happens to be super easy to make!



Now I love Crossfit, but I am still squeezing in some runs (late though when the sun starts to go down)


Here I am sporting my new BIC band! BTW they are so awesome and certainly worth the cost because  IT ACTUALLY STAYED IN MY HAIR WITHOUT SLIPPING!! I was super impressed!

I have so much more to say, but for now I must go as Crossfit is calling my name!

Adios, I have some calories to burn!

ps. Question
1) Have you tried Paleo, if so what are your thoughts?
2) Do you Crossfit? What advice would you give a newbie?

<3 kristin="" p="">


No comments:

Post a Comment