Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Weekend Recap + Monday PTO

Hello friends!

The last couple of days have been really busy. Here is a little recap over the last couple of days!...

Friday after work I quickly rushed home to squeeze in a 2 mile run before my haircut appointment. I wanted to squeeze a quick run in because after I get highlights you can't wash your hair for a day or two (to allow dye to sink in)

Here is my new 'do...Definitely shorter and blonder :)




Friday night for dinner (which I did not photograph, as it was just ok and certainly not 100% pale) my mom and I met at TGI Fridays for dinner. I had a few chips and salsa, Grilled chicken breast with steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes. The potatoes and the chips were definitely not Paleo but they were quite tasty.


After dinner I headed to my boyfriend's house to get ready for his brother's band that was playing at a local bar. He sounded amazing. Yay Awake At Last!!

Saturday morning I woke up and headed to Crossfit Dover. It was a toughie!!

After a general warmup and stretches we practiced 50m sled pulls. I only  used 45 lb weight.






Partner WOD

150 m row/AMRAP burpees (3 minutes)
50m sled pull/AMRAP DB Thrusters (3 minutes)
15 Box Jumps/AMRAP Sumo Deadlift High Pull (3 minutes)

2 rounds


We did 2 rounds of each of the three couplets and allowed 1 minute interval to transition to the next couplet.

It was a tough one. The coach wanted us to beat our first score. My partner and I finished round 1 with a score of 127 and our second round with a score of 129. We just barely beat it!!

Saturday afternoon I decided I did not want to sit around at home all day and waste the beautiful day. I convinced the bf to take me to Lewis, DE for a little date/night :) We waited for beach traffic to die down a little and left the house around 4:30. We got there around 5:30ish and only hit a little bit of traffic.

We put our name on the list for Agave (which is one of my FAVORITE places). They have amazing salsa and margaritas :) There was an hour and a half wait so we decided to head over to Kindle right next door and have a drink and an appetizer.

We ordered the Fire Fries and I had a skinny margarita :) Yum


We walked around the cute town while we waited and then ultimately headed back to Agave for our table (We were I was concerned that they would give away our table even though they wrote down our cell phone number).

It was DEFINITELY worth the wait!! Sorry no photos of our meals but I managed to get a pic of my hunny and I at our cute window seat :)

Take 1:


 Take 2:


Sunday I slept in which was certainly needed. I got to visit my friend + her three month old baby! He was so adorable :)

Sunday evening I headed to my box to watch the Crossfit Games :) It was amazing to see how ridiculously fit those athletes are rocking their Reebok swag. I hope I can go watch the games one year!!!


I started my Monday morning off right with a 6am WOD:


It sure was a tough one!! Those snatches get me every time!!

That is all for now

Happy Tuesday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment