Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Crossfit Yesterday

I'm excited to report that yesterday was my last day of Crossfit instructional training and have now learned most of the basic movements! For the next two weeks, we will integrate with the larger group of more experienced athletes :)

Here is yesterday's workout (note it was divided into two parts)

WOD 7/15/13

Strength
2 Jerks (35#bar)
Every Minute On The Minute for 10 minutes

Metabolic Conditioning
21-15-9 for time
Thrusters (35# bar)
Knees to Bar

The first part of the workout was designed to help us practice the Jerk and to make sure we had correct form. I felt pretty confident Jerking....did I say that out loud?!

The next part of the workout definitely got my heart rate up! I finished the Met Con part in 6:02 and was pretty impressed with my time. I definitely was having a hard time with the knees to bar towards the end as my hands were seriously slipping on the bar! My hands will have some sick calluses in a few months!

The next time I do the Jerk or Thrusters I definitely plan on adding weight now that I understand the technique behind the movement. I still got a great workout with the lighter weight, but I feel like I can do better than 35# next time!

It's amazing to me how accomplished I felt after 6 minutes!

Random Thoughts

  • Is it Friday yet? I feel like the week is dragging on!!
  • The boyfriend started a new job on Monday and I'm so proud and happy for him!
  • I love almonds; they are so delicious and take the edge off when I start to get hungry!
  • I subscribed to Blood, Sweat and Cheers through Ericka's blog and entered to win a Nike+ Fuel band!! I hope I win :)
  • I've been loving Ericka's Sweet Life Blog as she also does Crossfit. Ericka you inspire me to stick with it and to be fitter and stronger!
  • I really want to get a dog, but what kind?!

Questions:
1. What are some of your favorite blogs? Any crossfit blogs?
2. Any advice for getting through knees to bar quickly?

<3 div="" kristin="">

No comments:

Post a Comment